Approximately 36 million Americans suffer from hearing loss!
- More than half of the people with hearing loss are younger than age 65
- Untreated hearing loss can affect your ability to understand speech and can negatively impact your social and emotional well-being.—hearing impairment can decrease your quality of life
- Hearing loss is the third most common health problem in the United States
It’s easier to know if you have hearing loss if you know the signs!
- Buzzing or ringing in their ears
- Failure to respond to spoken words
- Persistent ear discomfort after exposure to loud noise (regular and constant listening to electronics at high volumes)
- Muffled hearing
- Constant frustration hearing speech and other sounds
- Avoids conversation
- Social isolation
Information from: http://identifythesigns.org and http://www.audiology.org
Watch the videos below and learn more!